A file indexer based on content hashes to quickly find duplicate files on your system. I created this tool because I always forget which pictures from my phone I already uploaded to my Dropbox account. Now I can just upload all pictures to an uploads directory check these files against the index and only organize the remaining files.
As easy as..¶
pip install hashdex hashdex add /path/to/my-main-pictures-directory hashdex check --rm /path/to/my-uploads-directory
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://hashdex.readthedocs.io.
- create an index of your files
- find duplicate files on your filesystem
- check if files in a directory are already indexed